Thursday, December 04, 2014

Pretzel Buttons


It has been FOREVER since I posted!  I have missed my blogging and think about it often, then usually remember the basket of laundry to be folded or 'one more thing' to do...famous last words. :)

ANYway...I found these on Pinterest earlier this year and gobbled them up to be honest. I think I even ended up with a sugar headache!

Made these tasty little 'buttons' with my daughter this evening for myself friends and family as we travel this holiday season (if they last!)

They are SUPER easy to make and the combination of sweet and salty is perfect!




Pretzel Buttons

* Square pretzels
* Hershey's Hugs
* Smarties in festive colours (or M&M's for the American readers)

1. Preheat oven to 200F (180F if your oven runs hot)
2. Line your cookie sheet with parchment paper (so the chocolate doesn't stick so much)
3. Arrange pretzels on cookie sheet.
4. Unwrap Hugs and place on centre of each pretzel.
5. Put in warm oven for 4-5mins (you want the Hug to soften and get slightly shiny still holding its shape, not melt)
6. Carefully place a Smartie on top of Hug and slightly press down to spread out chocolate.
7. Allow to cool completely (can place in fridge to speed this up!)
(original source here)


Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...