Back in the spring I had made a batch of rice crispy squares using a generic brand of cereal for the bars. On the box was this recipe!
I have changed it a bit from the original...they were too yummy not to share!!
1 cup corn syrup
1 cup sugar
1 cup smooth peanut butter
6 cups crispy rice cereal (ie. Rice Krispies)
2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
*I added a blob of butter to it to make it a little smoother/creamier
1. Add corn syrup and sugar to a saucepan and cook over medium heat until sugar dissolves and begins to boil. Make sure to stir frequently!
2. Remove from heat and stir in peanut butter. Mix well.
3. Have rice cereal in a large bowl and add corn syrup mixture to it, stirring enough to coat.
4. Press mixture into a 13x9 buttered dish and set aside
5. Melt chocolate chips on a saucepan over low heat, add blob of butter if you would like...stir constantly so it doesn't burn.
6. Spread evenly over cereal mixture. Let it sit until cooled and cut into squares.