Once home, I unpacked the recipe card and put it in the cupboard...well, that's where it stayed until recently.
I was searching for something quick and easy to make for dinner and came across this recipe card. Perfect.
The recipe is super simple and it even included the ingredients and measurements for the seasoning so you can make more for another time after using their sample!
2 tsp olive oil
2 cups of 1/4 in diced zucchini
1 cup of 1/4in diced red onion
1 cup of diced sweet red pepper
seasoning mix-followed below
4 oz (125 g) sliced prosciutto or thinly sliced ham
3/4 cup shredded cheese
2 1/4 tsp dried basil
1/2 tsp dried oregano
1 1/2 tsp onion powder
pinch cayenne pepper
1. Heat oil in a pan and saute zucchini, onion and peppers. Stir often and cook until slightly softened, about 7-8 minutes. Remove from the heat and stir in seasoning.
2. Oil a muffin pan (of 12) and line bottoms and cups with prosciutto or ham.
3. Divide sautéed veggies evenly into muffin cups and sprinkle 1tbsp of shredded cheese over each cup.
4. Whisk eggs in a bowl and pour eggs evenly into muffin cups.
5. Bake in oven at 350 until frittatas are puffed and set in the center, approx 20-25 mins.
6. Remove from oven and let stand for a few minutes. Run a knife around the edge to help release them.
When I made them I did not have the ham...they still tasted great and turned out fine!
I also refrigerated the left overs and reheated them in a frying pan on a med-low heat.
You can also add any other of your favourite veggies in there!!