Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Egg-cellent ideas

Here comes Peter Cotton Tail....well, the Easter season is upon us and Little Miss and I created our Easter eggs today!
I decided to blow some of them out and boil the rest of them.  I had Little Miss drop the colour pellets into the cups, she enjoyed watching them melt into the water.
In my mind I pictured these beautifully coloured eggs...something like these



Martha Stewart's Lace Eggs

Instead, we improvised and came up with our own versions...maybe next year I'll pre-plan a little more and have the right tools! We were still very please with our creations none the less!

Little Miss all ready to begin!






 My attempt at Martha Stewart's stenciled eggs 


Little Miss stenciled her egg with painter's tape and stickers


 Our finished product...pretty colours and perfect for us!!

What I learned...the stickers worked well on the eggs, the painter's tape was a little trickier, because you needed to make sure it was the same width, on straight and no bubbles...as you can see from my trial it was challenging!  Oh and I really had no clue what I was doing because I decided to do it while sitting at the table!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...