This was acutally a recipe by Kraft Peanut Butter from a magazine some time ago...it was shared with me by the owner of the Cafe I worked at in highschool. I searched both the Canadian and American 'Kraft' websites, but neither of them have this recipe...it is from scratch...all of theirs suggest a cake mix as your base. Blech...(don't get me wrong, I do use mixes as well, but it seems that with 'them', you are always using their prepared products-which I get, promoting their products...I guess I like the idea of I know what I'm putting in!)
Peanut Butter Fudge Cake
1/2 cup butter, soft
1/2 cup smooth or crunchy peanut butter
1 1/2 cups white sugar
3 squares, unsweetened chocolate, melted
1 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
2 cups all purpose flour
1 1/2 tsp baking soda
3/4 tsp salt
1 1/2 cups cold water
Peanut Butter Glaze
1/4 cup butter
1/4 cup peanut butter
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 tsp salt
2 1/2 cups sifted icing sugar
5-6 tbsp milk
1. Generously grease a 12 cup bundt pan.
2. Cream butter, peanut butter and sugar together until light and fluffy.
3. Add eggs, one at a time, mixing well. Stir in the chocolate and vanilla.
4. In a separate bowl, mix together, flour, soda and salt. Add this to wet mixture alternately with water, make sure to mix well.
5. Pour into bundt pan.
6. Bake at 350 for 1 hour 10mins. Cool 5 mins then remove from pan. Cool thoroughly.
1. Cream butter, peanut butter, vanilla and salt.
2. Add sugar alternately with milk, beating until light and creamy.
3. Drizzle over cake when it is completely cooled.
I'm sorry I didn't think about taking a picture of it when I made it...and haven't had an opportunity to make another one yet.
I did however find this picture when I googled a chocolate bundt cake...I did not use this recipe though. Mine had more glaze over it!! Mmmmmm.....