Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Peaches!

Peaches have finally arrived to the Niagara Region!  I have been away for a couple of weeks up north and now I'm home to find that the fruit stands everywhere have peaches!!
I think this is my favourite item that grows in Niagara...I think we usually get a good 4 weeks of all the different types of peaches before they are done. It usually doesn't matter what kind they are, they are just all delicious!!

Source


One type that you should try are the White Flesh Peaches...they have lighter flesh and taste, more like a honey taste to me...they are lovely. They usually look like this...

Source

So I brought home our 1st basket yesterday and we've already gobbled half of them...this is the little fruit stand that I like to buy from, it is closest to our house and they are always good!



I have been thinking about Peach muffins that my boss used to make at the cafe I worked at in highschool...it was a basic muffin recipe and then she would use what ever fruit was in season, plums, peaches, you name it...she always had delicious treats to serve!! I will try to locate it and share it with you!

I just found this recipe and think we may need to try it!!

Peaches and Cream Popsicles

What kinds of treats do you make with your peaches??!! Email me your favourites!!
muskokabailey@gmail.com



1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...